This year, Challenge Miami became Clash Miami — where triathlon meets the ultimate speedway experience! On Friday, March 11, this race brought pros and amateurs alike to the beautiful Florida Keys to vie for the historic first Clash Miami championship title.
The U.S. men swept the podium with a dominating 1-2-3 finish. Boulder’s Sam Long led the way with a comeback performance. After being near the back of the pack in the swim, he clawed his way to the top to grab the victory. Boulder’s Jason West took second, followed by Ben Kanute.
Although the U.S. women missed out on the podium, Sonja Catano posted a phenomenal run to give her a top-five placement and best overall U.S. finish. Boulder’s Lisa Becharas finished behind Catano in sixth place.
1. Sam Long (Boulder, Colo.), 2:39:54
2. Jason West (Boulder, Colo.), 2:41:46
3. Ben Kanute (Phoenix, Ariz.), 2:42:30
1. Ashleigh Gentle (AUS), 2:59:40
2. Pamella Oliveira (BRA), 3:07:49
3. Maja Stage Nielson (DNK), 3:08:07
Top Women’s Finishers
5.Sonja Catano (Hudson, Mass.), 3:16:16
6. Lisa Becharas (Boulder, Colo.), 3:19:25
8. Lara Gruden (Tucson, Ariz.), 3:25:42