July 1, 2007 (Denver, CO) – Boulder residents Tanya Poel, 41, and 26-year-old Tera Moody claimed today’s 5-Mile and 5K titles respectively at the second annual RYKA Iron Girl Denver 5-Mile and 5K Run. Poel crossed the finish line with a time of 30:41, while Moody, an accomplished athlete who has qualified for the 2008 10K Olympic Trials, broke the 5K tape with a time of 18:07.
The event drew more than 800 females, ages 5 through 74, to scenic Veteran’s Park in downtown Denver. Novice and amateur athletes from states such as Colorado, Georgia, Virginia, Arizona, California, Washington and Minnesota, enjoyed a finish located alongside the Colorado State Capitol.
5-Mile Results – Top Five
1. Tanya Poel 41 Boulder, CO 30:41
2. Jill Horst 28 Albuquerque, NM 31:22
3. Jena Pohle 27 Aurora, CO 32:46
4. Leora Jordan 22 Boulder, CO 33:11
5. Monica Casillas 31 Littleton, CO 33:16
5K Results – Top Five
1. Tera Moody 26 Boulder, CO 18:07
2. Cherylynn Schilling 22 Carbondale, IL 20:25
3. Jennifer Prehn 24 Broomfield, CO 20:46
4. Christi Marie Butler 31 Manitou Springs, CO 20:47
5. Laurie Mizner 38 Boulder, CO 20:50
Unique to the RYKA Iron Girl Series is the inclusion of a Mother/Daughter Category. The top Mother/Daughter Team for each distance follows.
Fastest 5-Mile Mother/Daughter Team
1. Chelsea Sheila Skubal and Chelsea Skubal 1:20:08
Fastest 5K Mother/Daughter Team
1. Lightnin’ Ladies Jeanette Bershok Ames and Rhonda Bershok 42:59